Can't recall where this recipe came from but I've been using it since 1997 or before.
Time: 15 minutes preparation, 4 hours to marinade, 20 minutes to cook
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 75g thick set natural yoghurt
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground tumeric
- 2 fl oz water
- 12g ground almonds
- Cut the chicken into 2" cubes and add the garlic and yoghurt. Marinade for 4 hours or longer.
- Fry the onions in the oil until golden brown and remove from pan.
- Place the chicken and marinade in the frying pan and add the coriander, ground pepper, mixed spice, tumeric. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, water, salt and cooked onions. Cook until the chicken is tender.
- Add the ground almonds and serve.