$service_title="Maldivian Chicken Spring Rolls";
$service_desc="Maldivian Chicken Spring Rolls recipe.";
$service_keywords="rob, robert, collingridge, recipe";
Maldivian Chicken Spring Rolls
This is a recipe I created and refined trying to replicate a tapas dish we had on holiday whilst on the Maldivian island of Velassaru in 2018.
Time: 20 minutes preparation, 30 minutes to cook.
- Two large, good quality chicken breasts (~400g)
- 30g pack of coriander
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 red chillis finely chopped
- 1/2 small tin of sweetcorn, chopped finely
- Juice of a lime
- Red pepper, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
- Small tin of kidney beans, chopped finely
- Cut the chicken into pieces and fry in olive oil. Once cooked through, chop finely.
- De-stalk the coriander before chopping it finely.
- Chop all the other ingredients and add to a large pan with the chicken. Cook through gently for 5 minutes.
- Form large spring rolls filling and wrapping the filo pastry. When damp from the mix, it will easy tear, so use a piece of kitchen roll to support it whilst you roll it.
- Brush the outside with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until crispy and brown on the outside.