Not sure where this recipe came from but I first tried it in the summer of 2011. It's one of my favourite barbecue recipes.
Time: ~10 minutes preparation, >30 minutes to marinade, ~8 minutes to cook over a barbeque.
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 dried kaffir lime leaves, crushed
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- lime wedges to serve
- Cut teach chicken breast in half horizontally to make two thin steaks and put in a freezer bag or bowl.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together, apart from the lime wedges, and pour into the bag or bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and marinade for at least 30 minutes, preferrably over night.
- Barbecue fr 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, until the juices run clear.
- Serve with lime wedges.
- We use a local red wine vinegar made by Aspalls.
- Kaffir lime leaves can be hard to come by. We have enjoyed this recipe without them.