This was one of those recipes heaviliy promoted by Sainsbury's in the 1980's.
Time: 20 minutes preparation, 15 minutes to cook.
- 200g block of creamed coconut
- 300ml of very hot water
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2-3 fresh green chillis, deseeded
- 1-2 level teaspoons of ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 level tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 pack of fresh coriander
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Cut the coconut cream into chunks and disolve in the hot water.
- Place all of the ingredients (except the chicken) in a blender and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Make some diagonal cuts in the chicken breasts and pour over the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium setting and grill fo 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the rest of the marinade in a saucepan, stirring regularly. Do not boil.
- This reciped originally used chicken breasts with skin on but, it doesn't really matter.
- If you make the marinade/sauce, you can freeze half of it.
- Serve with Thai fragrant rice.