- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) freshly squeezed lime juice (basically one lime)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Sprig of mint for garnish
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 cup ice
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) club soda / soda water
- Slice of lime for garnish
- Cut the lime in half. Cut a slice from one half ofg the lime for garnish.
- Squeeze the juice from the remaining two halves of the lime.
- Put the 8 mint leaves in a cocktail shaker with the lime juice and sugar.
- Muddle (gently mash) the mint with a blunt instrument (end of a wooden spoon will do) to release the mint oils.
- Add the rum and shake well. Pour through the cocktail shaker strainer, over the ice.
- Add the soda water, slice of lime and mint garnish.
- Best drunk using a metal straw.