Cheese & Nut Burgers
Time: 20 minutes preparation, 1 hour chilling, 30 minutes to cook.
- 75g Cheddar cheese grated
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 75g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- Put the cheese, 75g of walnuts, 50g of breadcrumbs, onion and carrot in a bowl with the curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beaten and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and form 4 flat burgers.
- Coat the burgers lightly with flour.
- Dip in beaten egg and coat with mixture of flour and walnuts.
- Chill in the fridge before frying in walnut oil.
- I serve them with baked potatoes and a salad.